Spotlight 2012 on 9th November was a huge success. However, we couldn't stage such a great event without the support of a host of volunteers who give their time, expertise and commitment to Changing Our Lives and the people we work with. So, a big thank you goes out to:
• Our excellent comperes Janice Connolly and our very own Gemma Caffrey for providing true entertainment and ensuring everything flowed smoothly.
• Our Judges on the big night - Steve Dugmore – trustee, Sandwell Councillor Anne Shackleton, Sandwell Councillor Bob Piper and Bainzy – radio presenter at RAAJ FM. Their comments after each finalist performance were excellent.
• Wolverhampton Councillor Steve Evans for keeping the tension mounting and announcing Andy Howell as the Spotlight 2012 winner.
• Dudley Council Chief Executive John Polychronakis for presenting the Frances Painter Award to Katie Hale and the judging panel for the award Walsall Councillor Paul Davis and John Garrett.
• Karen Dowman, Chief Executive BCPFT for presenting the Darren Selman Award to Nick Bishop and the judging panel for the award Sarah Norman, Andrea Pope-Smith and Councillor Steve Waltho.
• Lissa Mabley, for presenting the very first Love and Laughter award to Aimee Smallman and Louise Swinfen for their volunteer work and the judging panel Gary Burgess, Gary Bowman, Bonnie Mabley and Yvonne Davis.
• Sandwell Deputy Mayor – Councillor Vic Slyvester.
• Dudley Deputy Mayor – Councillor Alan Finch.
• Dudley Din, led by Andrea Pope-Smith, Director of Adults, Community and Housing, for entertaining everyone whilst we awaited the judges' decision.
• The artistic buddies for the advice they gave to develop each finalist to achieve their best possible performance – Lorna Harris, Danny Hudson, Ellis Wilde, Beki Challoner, Amelia Faye and Phil Sayer.
• The artists whose performances made the interval an integral part of the show – Broadway Dance Crew (especially Frances Dawson), Dreamz, the Thin Blue Chorus Line, West Bromwich Operatic Society, Marcia, Diamond Lil and the dohl drummers.
• Our 'Eye Candy' Gilbert Pomell.
We have also been very lucky over the last year to have local legend Blind Dave supporting us. He ran the London Marathon and cycled from West Bromwich to Wales with Steve Dugmore and the Mableys. He has even performed acapella at a Spotlight Open Mic Night! A big thank you to Dave and everyone who has supported him, including:
• Stewart Towe, Hadley Industries
• Roger Tromans, Bedestone Limited
• Walter Smith, West Bromwich
Thanks also to for the donations we received from Greggs West Bromwich, the Lyng Pharmacy and Mr Veale and New Hope Health & Home Care. And last, but by no means least, the Spotlight Steering Group comprising self advocates Nigel Smith and Steven Ellis and the whole of the Caffrey family for their support throughout the year.
Last modified on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 16:07