We're very proud to announce that Gina has been chosen as one of the young people to sit on the new Scrutiny Panel which is made up of 15 young people from all over the UK. The panel is set up by the UKYP (UK Youth Parliament) and the BYC (British Youth Council). She will 'youth proof' and examine UK Government policies, advising UK Government Ministers on young people's needs and the impact of Government policies on young people. On the 1st of July, Gina will be go to London to meet with the other people who will join her on the panel and receive training for the role. Then on the 2nd July, she will meet the Government for the first time with the rest of the panel.
Gina is a powerful young woman who has worked extensively for Changing Our Lives over the last year. Here are just a few of her achievements and current work:
- Take Over Day – Gina shadowed Jan Britton CEO at Sandwell MBC.
- Contributed to the development of Whole of Life and Quality of Health Principles, presenting at our 'All of Me' event.
- Development of the 'Rights for All' BME project.
- Establishing the Dudley & Walsall People's Parliaments.
- Not forgetting the less serious stuff - performing at Spotlight Open Mic!